Monday, March 22, 2010

03/22/10

Today at 12:16 my little boy will be 3 years old. What a wonderful past three years we have had and to be blessed with such a great, loving, kind, busy little boy. I feel like I have been blessed every day with Owen in my life. He is soooo cute and soooo funny. Last night Wes tossed a diaper at him and it made Owen upset. So as soon as he woke up this morning he told daddy not to touch him because he threw a diaper at him. Then he told me that a man on tv's butt is as big as mine..LMAO..so funny and so honest.



He had a birthday party on Saturday. We had a lot of friends and family over. Grandma and Grandpa Hoogenboom, Darcey and Anthony, Stacy and Kevin, Grandma (horse) Eva, Granny Amy, Grandpa and Grandma Monkey (Murphy), Tara, Darin, Maddi, Ashton, and Daymon, Karen, Scott. Sara stopped by. Teddi stopped by. It appeared to look like a toy store after all the great gifts he got. Wes and I bought him a toy kitchen set, which he loves..and he got some fake food to accomodate the kitchen. He got a vet set with a doggie, play dough, books, money, match box car, floor puzzles--which I think is his favorite of all besides the kitchen, an alien that eats a smaller alien, Ironman figures, care bears, stickers, and more..it was great. He had a carebears cake with three little care bears on it and a sponge bob balloon. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. Worth every bit of the work to see his beautiful smile.

I feel so blessed that he chose me as his mom and even more blessed that I have him in my life. I can not even begin to imagine and nor do I ever want to what life was like before Owen..I know it was not as good....

1 comment:

Ho Hum said...

I'm so glad that you're a mom!!! You're the best! On behalf of all mothers, though I am not one, thanks for being such a good example! : )
P.S. I want to turn my blog into something specific...not just ranting about myself, but about some subject that I can research, etc. Wes' podcast has got me thinking...love you!