Friday, June 15, 2007

Off another Month

I called the midwives to verify the medication that I am taking is ok for Owen when I am breast feeding. They told me they wanted to see me in there office. So I went in Thursday feeling tense and stressed. They had me fill out a questioniare about how I was feeling. Then Kristin came in and told me that there is no way I was to return to work for at least a month. She was very concerned about my stability right now. She wrote a note and set up an appointment for me to go and see her in a month. She said that once I return to work I need to do it slowly..to help myself ease back into it. She also said that the medication may not start to work for about a month.

I was so nervous to talk to Steve and Sue (my managers at work) about it. But they were both wonderful and very supportive. Sue also said that I should slowly work my self back into work and not just jump right back in. I think that would be a good idea. I love to work. It makes me feel a little worse that I am having these problems and that I cant handle it all right now. I have always been one to handle things pretty well..at least well enough not to get myself sick over it. I tell you what...I have a lot more compassion for people now. Maybe this is a lesson from above to teach me that I need to be more compassionate towards others needs. Especially since everyone has been so kind to me.

Owen is doing great through all of this. He is a little trooper. The midwife also told me that I need to exercise three times a week for 45 min. So Tara and I are going to start walking to Oxbow from her house and then around Oxbow with the kids. I think that will help a lot. Plus I think I should start swimming now that Wes is going to be working on days and he can watch the little guy for me.

I love having Owen more than anything in the world and he is more than worth everything that is happening to me..but boy what a surprise all this is. I did not know it would be so hard on me. Luckily, I am blessed with a working husband that is confused about all this but supportive too. It would be so hard to be a single mom and not be able to get yourself right. Yeah money may be a little tight for now, but we will make it through.

I think this weekend I am going to start going to church too, with Owen. I think I am lacking serious spirituality in my life and having that faith really can help your mood.

Well better get the baby..

2 comments:

Heather Everingham said...

Julie,
Nate and I would love to have you to church with us. He plays in the band so I ususally am sitting by myself, but it might even be something Wes could get into. We go to River Oaks Community Church in technically Elkhart but more like Dunlap. You can get directions at riveroaks.org. Service times for the summer are 9 and 10:30. Let me know if you want to come we can keep an eye out for you. I have to teach the second service, but will be there for both and Nate will be on stage for both.

Heather Everingham said...

Jonna goes with us too. I'm sure she'd love to see you...