Sunday, March 23, 2008

12:16 pm One year and One day to the hour

So right now, by coincidence, last year at this exact time my little man was one day old. It is hard to believe that he is now one year and one day old. Now that the party is over, which was a success, and life has quited back down my heart aches. The realization that my infant is now a toddler is bittersweet. He is becoming less dependent on me, for instance he can just sit and play with his toys all by himself for long periods of time, and that independence is going to continue to grow and grow until he is ready to spread his invisible wings and fly. I in turn have turned in to a true mother..I see it in myself now. I feel it when I look in his big blue eyes and imagine his future and who is he going to be. I can feel the love grow with each day between us, all of us. It is such a big love, so big there are no words for it. Even the sky is just too small in comparison. So since it is Owens first birthday, one of my gifts to him is to write him a personal letter:

03/23/2008
Dear sweet Owen,

Hi my little man. It has been a wonderful journey thus far with you. From the time you were conceived to now. I knew the moment I found out that I was pregnant that you were going to be something special, and you truly are. You make my heart feel like a song, a song that is so full of love it brings tears to the eyes of its listeners. As I sit here playing the song over and over in my mind I am so overjoyed, that my heart aches. The past year has been full of wonder and amazement. You have gone from a little baby who could not hold his head up to a strong young boy who is on the verge of walking. There are so many little tricks you can do and you have taught me the meaning of patients, you are inspiring in that way, for you do not give up when you can not get done what you want to the first time around. You are becoming independent in your own ways and yet you still lay your head on my shoulder and give me great big kisses. I love how no matter what, you still need me; and I foresee this happening for many years to come, even well into your teen years. I am so happy God gave you to me, I believe he really does know what he is doing, for there is no other child in the world I would rather have than you!!! You complete your daddy and me; that is something that will never change. Happy 1st Birthday my little man.

I love you deeply,
Your Mommy

So a super cool and cute thing Owen does now. We bought him a little plague that says "DREAM BIG" and put it in his room. Wes and I agreed to show him the plague and read it to him at least once a day. Now when we say "DREAM BIG OWEN" he will point up to the plague and tell us something in his baby jabber. I am sure he is repeating this back to us..for we too must remember to "DREAM BIG".

Today is Owens second Easter and we did not celebrate this year either. I figured yesterday was a lot for him so today we shall rest. The party was a lot of fun and went really well. He got more presents then I even imaged he would get. The kid is not lacking in clothing nor toys that is for sure. He got to taste some birthday cake but I snatched it away from him before he could have too much, I did not want him to get sick, and I really did not want him developing a liking for sweets. Next year I am planning on making the cake myself and making it special with fruit as the sweetener.

Next week were going to get his pictures taken with the Picture People. This year for Easter we had pictures taken with real bunnies. He did have an encounter today with the Easter Bunny and he did not like him..it was pretty funny. I did not have my camera so I could not get a picture. Well I am going to post some pictures of his birthday and more than likely will have more posted on my FLIKR once I get them scanned in.

Will write more later.......Peace and Love

No comments: