Thursday, August 7, 2008

Broken Leg, Tubes in ears..it will get better from here

OK so life has been pretty busy these past few weeks and I am feeling it in my neck BIG TIME..I am so sore today. Not to mention I have a sinus infection..sure that does not make things better. I was really hoping we would get the Fisher Price House Party but we did not. Thought the little guy would have fun with all the new toys and then donate some to friends and daycare..but did not happen. Its all good..

He has a broken fibula..thus causing the limping. The doctor he was going to is Dr. Hix in Elkhart IN OSMC. He found the break in an Xray on Monday. Found out Tuesday has another ear infection, which seems to always be an issue for him. Though he never complains. Took him to the Dr. and he is on antibiotic ear drops. Today took him to S. Bend to Dr. Kletzing an ENT and he is going to get tubes in his ears. I am so happy. I think this will help him a lot. The doctor said that he is getting about 1/3rd of sound in his ears. I think after surgery he is going to FREAK because he will be able to hear things so much better. And the surgery is next Friday at 6:30 am..wow..in Mishawaka. He said it should only take 15 min to do in and out..

Well not much else happening..just tired from all the running around and hardly getting any sleep.

PEACE

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Julie, I just wanted to let you know that I have had tubes put in my ears about 10 times since I was 3 years old. There is no pain at all. Owen will be able to hear so much better when he does get the tubes put in. Infact you probably shouldn't talk loud or play loud music for the first few days after his surgery. The only bummer is you can't get water in your ears. I had to have the Dr. make me special ear plugs so I wouldn't get water in my ears. I just wanted to let you know that everything will be okay and try not to worry too much.
Sincerely,
Tonya